"My bot understands me." Artificial intelligence and end-to-end automation are creating a future full of digital, algorithmic agents. They are always available—on the phone, in the car, on the table, within smart glasses—to serve one’s needs courteously and efficiently. These specialized bots are aware of personal preferences and behaviors, and communicate in a way that fits the specific purpose, learning and improving over time. For this, personal data needs to be aggregated, analyzed, and cautiously managed. Here’s the move from customization and personalization towards a truly individual, always-on "You" experience: the bot effect benefits business, big time.
- Digital bots have already been working on a person’s behalf, starting with Sync Me, a way of sharing copies of digital assets and keeping them in sync across all media.
- They can also See Me: they know where a person is and has been, both on the Internet and in the real world.
- Now, they are able to Know Me, to understand what a person wants or needs and then proactively present it.
- Soon, bots will get authorized to Be Me, acting on a person’s behalf based on observed behavior or explicit personal rules and policies.
- AI and cognitive technologies drive this evolution together with high-productivity bot development tools.
- Trim and Digit are financial services bots that act on your behalf. They look into your expenses and suggest actions, like putting more money in your saving account, and following your approval, they take care of the transaction.
- Epytom is a styling bot on Facebook messenger and Telegraph. It advises you on what to wear based on your taste and the types of clothes you already own and wear.
- A Capgemini Loyalty Chatbot uses natural language processing to address retail-related issues including the adoption of loyalty schemes. Integrated into FB messenger, it draws from the user profile to auto-fill forms for loyalty scheme sign-ups. It also handles first-level customer service.
- A well-designed bot can express a brand’s desired identity towards customers.
- Bots present an entirely new, alternative channel to reach out to customers and be available to them for knowledge and transactions 24/7, without human intervention.
- A bot that is trusted by consumers can collect crucial personal and behavioral information, leading to better product development, marketing, cross-selling, and customer service.
- Bot development platforms
Customer conversation platforms
- Capgemini Odigo, Imperson
- AI and cognitive technologies