Nothing can bring down the sky-high expectations of digital era customers. Individualized, context-based, laser-focused on the task, gorgeously designed, quickly delivered across any channel: it’s the quest for customer happiness that will determine business relevancy and competitive success. It begins with understanding the decisive micro-moments of the customer’s day by using service design and customer journey mapping. Then, it’s about creating the “now” and “wow” by obsessing over meeting the customer’s needs in an immediate, helpful, and personal manner. An exceptional digital customer experience: clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth.
- Every time a customer takes out her smartphone, a micro-moment occurs. This occurs on average some 200 times a day. The Internet of Things with its "enchanted," wearable devices will create even more of these tiny opportunities.
- At each of these moments, a customer may "want to know," "want to go," "want to do," or "want to buy."
- Digital winners apply a range of technologies and integrations to understand the individual behaviors and desires within these micro-moments, fulfilling or even anticipating future customer needs.
- Digital happiness assumes digital beauty, and it can be "wowed" by a human connection like friendship.
- Electronic retailer Boulanger launched a series of smart "urban stores" that feature interactive kiosks, big video walls, and employee tablets all working together with back-office systems, seamlessly exchanging information to provide a next-generation retail experience to customers in the city.
- A leading quick service restaurant chain mapped the digital journey of its younger clients and developed special web content, social media channels, and a dedicated mobile app to cater to the evolving needs of millennials and "Generation Z" individuals.
- Staying relevant to digital era customers by meeting and extending their individual digital capabilities and expectations
- More effective and less costly customer service
- New market opportunities and revenue streams through the better understanding of target groups and their evolving needs
- Better cross-sell opportunities due to a higher level of customer intimacy and understanding
- Customer Interactions Management
- Digital Commerce
- Customer Process Management