State-of-the-art business process platforms make it possible to support, define, run, and manage processes in many different ways. Forget about carving process definitions in stone. Nowadays, at least 50 different flavors of agility can be added to your processes. This ranges from classic, pre-defined, workflow-styled process integration via document-based interaction, to robotic automation, dynamic rules, and policy-based process choreography. When guided by dynamic decision-making and AI support, these processes become smarter too, providing the power to act and react in real-time. Quite the seductive perspective.
- The portfolio of leading process management suppliers supports processes toin many different degrees of agility and manageability. These platforms support modeling processes, then run them through automated support, and monitor, manage, and improve them based on collected process metrics.
- They often rely on access to applications and data through web services and APIs, although non-intrusive (“robotic”) access is a good possibility as well.
- By bringing in embedded analytics and AI or cognitive capabilities, process platforms can learn from both the human and automated experience and continue to improve.
- Building on Dataiku, a leading freight broker improved their core product’s accuracy and efficiency while establishing a data-driven spirit within the entire company. This move has resulted in several competitive advantages, such as increased customer loyalty and a much-improved speed limit correction process.
- A European bank required robust platforms, security, audit trails, strong authentication services, and many other features that Convertigo easily provided.
- A German Telco utilized the Pega platform to create a 360o customer view across all digital channels while drastically simplifying its daily operations.
- Increased process productivity and effectiveness by automating human tasks and decision-making
- "LEAN"-style continuous process and quality improvement
- Augmented process agility and flexibility that leads to quickly creating new processes that might support a new product, service, merger, or external partnership
- The power and foresight to quickly respond to customer-related events and needs, crossing process boundaries both inside and outside the organization
- Business process management platforms
- Do-it-yourself business process tools
- Customer experience platforms