Large data volumes are not news to the oil and gas industry. But with highly volatile commodity prices, rapidly shifting global markets and increasingly complex and difficult exploration and extraction, the pressure is on like never before.
What is changing is the technology and the approaches to dealing with the data. New technology is enabling massive volumes of data to be analyzed at a fraction of the cost and quicker than ever. At the same time, the proliferation of the Internet of Things is significant as the oil fields and the refineries are augmenting with smart digital devices. This opens up massive new opportunities to understand operations, assets, and supply routes, risks and opportunities as never before.
Capgemini has made strategic investments in the area of analytics around oil and gas operations. We have invested in assets, partnerships, people and infrastructure. Our strong global practices in Big Data, Data Science and Master Data Management work hand in hand with our sector experts to build solutions and to provide thought leadership for our customers.
We understand the ‘smart’ journey
We focus on delivering data and insights solutions to:
- Optimize time & cost to first oil
- Optimize production
- Improve asset reliability & availability
- Economies in refining
- Optimize Inventory
- Support trading & risk management
- Achieve Efficiency in capital projects
- Drive to zero safety incidents.
Our specialists work in close partnership with you to develop a compelling business case for change while ensuring regulatory compliance. Thanks to our focus on risk management, we can guarantee reliable solutions and support that benefit from the latest technological innovations.
Our solutions and capability deliver many benefits
- Improved access to data and decision support through interactive dashboards, reports and ad hoc query tools that enable you to analyze data from different business areas in a single integrated solution
- Operational monitoring and analytical solutions for measurement and real-time tracking of the critical business processes. Our solutions make effective use of the streaming data feeds from the operational technology layer
- Pre-defined and extensible data models like PPDM, developed with our technology partners that ensure data accessibility and scalability while enabling reuse and documentation
- Monetization of large volumes of data from smart fields , smart refineries and smart transportation
- Predictive and prescriptive analytics for forward looking insights.
Capgemini has worked with energy companies and service companies worldwide – including upstream, downstream, mid-stream and the oil field services companies.
- Large oil company in Europe: Engineering data warehouse that acts as a single source of truth for engineering information
- Leading services company in NA: Strategy, design and deployment of SAP HANA to enable efficient business process, data loads and reporting of critical functions
- Integrated oil company in Europe: Master Data Management roadmap definition, deployment and support
- Large oil field services company: Delivered asset Intelligence and tracking system, value assessment of big data adoption roadmap
- Integrated oil company in Europe: Oracle-based BI and reporting platform management and support.
For more information contact Swami Rajamani.