Multichannel retailing has opened up exciting new ways to interact with customers, but the retail mantra remains the same: deliver the right product at the right time at the right price, now increasingly also to the right customer in the right location.
Unfortunately, many retailers aren’t able to live up to this mantra. They don’t sell the products that appeal most to their customers, or don’t have stock available in the channel where customers want to shop. These disappointments have serious consequences now that customers can so easily switch to a competitor.
A beautiful web front-end isn’t enough – retailers need to invest in a Customer-Centric Supply Chain (CCSC). This delivers an improved customer experience and increases profitability through higher sales and margins and reduced stockholding. The key is to integrate trading plans and supply chains. Informed by real-time customer, behaviour and contextual insights. The key is increasingly to move to a carefully planned out push-model to a much more reactive insight-driven pull model.
Capgemini’s CCSC solutions help companies deliver a more profitable, customer-focused proposition by using deep customer insights and predictive technologies to build better assortments and coordinate product flow through the supply chain.
CCSC relies on familiar concepts such as assortment planning, space planning, forecasting and replenishment. The magic is in the way these capabilities are woven together to coordinate all aspects of buying, merchandising and supply chain in line with our clients’ strategic goals.
CCSC embeds leading-practice processes into commercial function. It puts the customer, competitor and internal data into the hands of people who can make the customer proposition a reality. As a result, our clients see tangible improvements in sales, margin and stock.
We’ve already delivered the benefits of CCSC to a range of clients:
- We helped design, build and deploy an end-to-end planning and fulfillment capability for a US luxury retailer
- We supported a leading UK retailer on a multiyear CCSC transformation program, helping them paint a vision of their supply chain future and being their transformation partner on this multi-year cross-functional business & IT change journey
- We worked with a UK home enhancement retailer to define a commercial strategy and CCSC roadmap, and to implement a formal category planning process to deliver the strategy
- As part of a larger CCSC-based vision, we helped a world-renowned luxury retailer to implement a global allocation and replenishment solution
- Our CCSC model has helped clients increase sales by up to 5%, improve margin by 5-10% and reduce stockholding by 10-20%.