The DevOps way unifies development and operations in a joint, continuous heartbeat with the business
Enterprises are raving about DevOps; the agile and perfect fusion between IT development and IT operations, supercharging deployments with near-perfect quality. On a unified platform with a highly automated toolchain, DevOps teams develop applications, test, integrate, and package for deployment. They promote a continuous, uninterrupted flow, releasing many times a day without fail. This requires a thorough understanding of the components of a state-of-the-art DevOps platform and a disruptive change of culture within the organization. Build, release, run, repeat in the digital world. All before lunch. What if business could do that too?
- DevOps is a portmanteau of “Development” and “Operations.” It’s a concept that connects these two traditional IT silos throughout the development lifecycle, operating as a continuously delivering factory that is able to release new application versions many times a day.
- DevOps requires a highly industrialized, AI-enabled toolchain to automate the activities of the entire software solutions lifecycle – a platform challenge for all involved.
- Above all, DevOps is a seamless team effort that brings together all necessary IT disciplines in a high- productivity, multidisciplinary team.
- A European bank transformed its IT department into dozens of autonomous DevOps teams, aiming to both improve business agility and significantly decrease production errors in its digital applications.
- Netflix sets a shining example when it comes to next-generation solutions development. Their approach to DevOps leans on well-architected, platform-based tooling, but also on the rigorous testing of their backend services, notably the database systems.
- Digital leaders such as Spotify and Etsy, rely on a top-down, business-driven vision on DevOps, making sure the company fully embraces this new culture.
- Increased speed to market, enabling the quick, initial release of high-quality, minimum viable products (MVPs), and the ability to continually improve and expand it.
- Higher productivity and fewer errors and unexpected bottlenecks due to a high degree of automation and an integrated, multidisciplinary team.
- Perfect approach to exploring the new, digital world of cloud, mobile, AI, and IoT solutions.
- Helps the enterprise toward agile value delivery.