Responding to the Challenges of Modern Border Management
Our border management strategies cover goods and people, points of entry and physical borders, and strategic and operational aspects. We work closely with governments to provide insights and expertise that deliver tangible results, enhancing border security and facilitating border management.
Our robust solutions help you maintain border security in the face of key global challenges:
- Rising international passenger numbers, freight volumes and legal and illegal migrants
- Migratory pressures stemming from climate change and European Union expansion
- Natural threats and those linked to terrorism and organized crime
- Illegal trafficking of people and goods
Proven Border Strategy Expertise
For the past 25 years, Capgemini has worked with governments to implement new border management strategies and support transformation programs.
Our projects have included:
- Delivering national security solutions to US federal government agencies, including Homeland Security, to improve operations and increase preparedness
- Working with the US Government to evolve border security strategies and assist in coordination of inter-agency border security initiatives.
- Working closely with the UK Home Office for many years including implementing a biometric border control system using iris recognition.
- Collaborating with the UK Border Agency to design its UK Border Force Intelligence Model, and helping the same agency and the British Airports Authority to design an automated clearance system for frequent passengers
- Helping Dutch border management authorities conduct risk assessment projects at airports and land borders
- Collaborating with Australian customs to analyze and manage the movement of people and cargo across its borders
- Supporting the Italian government’s integration of ePassport capabilities