It requires a highly automated data pipeline that gives agile access to the right data, while ensuring security, privacy, and quality. It also requires easy-to-use, self-service tools that power a business to take data matters into its own hands. Introducing the Data Concierge: an intelligent, one-stop shop for data. You’re welcome! What is it?
- The days of a six-month turnaround for a data warehouse requirement are gone. Today’s insights need to adapt to the latest challenges and information, and this means achieving “DatOps” delivery, which allows updates to be delivered quickly and continuously.
- This is driven by an automated, factory-style process to ingest, select, transform, and prepare data.
- As Excel remains the preferred business data tool, its quality of individual insight at speed needs to be trumped by next generation DIY BI and analytics tools that identify and effortlessly connect to the data pipeline.
- AI will assist DIY business users with these activities.
How do we use it?
- A consumer products company created “data science on demand” that enables the business to work with data experts on specific challenges and rapidly have the first proof of solutions—then production versions—to reap early business benefits.
- A financial institution turned its data ingestion into a highly industrialized, automated, managed service where new data and insights are made available from months down to just days.
- A US airline supplied business users with intuitive self service data tools, creating much more data exploration, innovation, and a true “self service movement.”
- Cost effective production of BI and analytics results, reducing manual effort and increasing quality.
- Speedier availability of new insights for the business.
- Better access from the business to more relevant data from various internal and external sources.
- Increasing cultural and practical awareness on the business side of the potential for turning data into insights.
- Improvement of business and IT alignment, with the data platform and data concierge concept being pivotal.
- Continuous, agile delivery
- Data pipeline technologies
- Self service BI and analytics tools