Our Process Optimization capability helps our clients in five ways:
1. Enterprise Performance Management
We help our clients to enhance performance and meet their strategy & vision through value management, investment & portfolio management, and strategic profitability management.
2. Corporate Governance
We help our clients to define fit-for-purpose governance models that support the organization from planning to execution.
3. Process Efficiency
4. Digital Finance
We help organizations’ Finance functions leverage digital to become smarter, simpler and safer with modern tools and technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and SAP S/4 Hana.
5. Cost Optimization
Value Management, Financial Services
The client’s corporate management team had an increased ambition regarding the realization and monitoring of benefits derived from investments in development projects. The existing capabilities were not able to deliver the ambition and had a number of shortcomings including:
- Low quality business cases that overestimated predicted benefits
- Lack of control and understanding of costs
- Lack of overview of the development portfolio’s overall direction and strategic alignment
- No break-down of the corporate strategy to ensure connection to development projects and operational activities
- Lack of governance model and processes for benefit realization
Capgemini Invent was selected to support the client in improving the benefit tracking and realization capabilities to meet the new ambition. The work was done in four phases:
- Value driver tree logic
- Business case template and new ways of working
- Control tower and stakeholder reporting
- Design and implementation of processes and governance. The project approach included the development of several new tools as well as the implementation of new processes and governance.
The project outcomes were:
- Mapping of >85% of the development portfolio
- Establishment of clear link between the development projects and corporate strategy
- Quality assurance of existing business cases
- Reports for benefit tracking and analysis for key stakeholders
- Clarified ways of working as well as clarified roles and responsibilities within the related operations
Shared Service Finance Transformation, Manufacturing Industry
The client’s accounting activities were performed in a decentralized way, and legal entities had varying ways of working with accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting and period end closing. The client embarked on a 3-year shared service finance transformation program to achieve higher standard process efficiency and compliance, as well as cost reductions by offshoring accounting activities to global shared service centers. The program impacted approximately 20 countries.
Capgemini Invent was selected to support the client in change management, deployment methodology design and project execution. This included:
- Executing various communication activities with key stakeholder groups
- Working closely with the project sponsors to create a project methodology (incl. defining gates and milestones) to structure the local transfer projects within the program
- Coordinating and supporting all legal entity transfers
- Leading the project management and executing the program
The program resulted in:
- Standardized processes of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger accounting and period end closing resulting in improved control and compliance
- Slimmer local accounting organizations in high-cost countries resulting in improved cost levels through wage arbitrage and economies of scale