Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. Our business activities are delivered from both our own network of offices and data centres as well as at our clients’ sites.
This policy statement applies to all offices and data centres managed by Capgemini, Sogeti and Idean in the Nordics (Capgemini Nordics), all employees and suppliers retained by Capgemini Nordics.
We recognize that our business activities have impacts on the environment and we are committed to continually improving our environmental performance.
We are committed to identifying and complying with all legal and other relevant requirements relating to the environmental impacts of our operations, and to the prevention of pollution through the adoption of appropriate controls.
Specifically, we expect the operations in the Nordics to:
- Have a full understanding how to quantify and track our environmental impacts (at a minimum, our Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions) in line with our statutory reporting requirements.
- Identify energy saving initiatives within our portfolio of offices to reduce the energy consumption and associated carbon emissions.
- Drive energy efficiency initiatives in our Data Centres.
- Implement initiatives to minimize all business-related travel, without disrupting our ability to meet the demands of our clients.
- Implement initiatives to reduce the amount of waste we generate, and to maximize the percentage of our waste which is recycled.
- Have procurement processes which ensure that our suppliers provide products and services which help us to achieve our environmental policy, particularly in relation to carbon emissions, reducing energy consumption, and minimizing waste.
- Consider, where possible, the environmental impacts and risks when working with clients and manage our environmental impacts in accordance with this policy.
Performance against our objectives and targets, and this Environmental Policy, will be reviewed at least annually.
Signed by: Anil Agarwal, CEO Capgemini Scandinavia & Mikko Valorinta, CEO Capgemini Finland
Date: October 25th, 2020