The focus of your role within Capgemini, what you do
The Pre-Sales Solution Lead is a core member of the Sales Pursuit team and leads a team of solution architects and subject matter experts in the development of a solution proposal response to prospective Clients throughout the sales cycle (including RFI, RFP).
This is a senior role with Capgemini’s Cloud Infrastructure Services business unit which is integral to supporting our Sales Organization in linking our Client’s mission, business strategy and processes to their IT strategy and showcasing their journey from ideation to execution.
Key accountabilities include:
• Owning and driving the Solutioning activities for large, complex, transformational deals (30M+ TCV) which involve multiple service lines (Public/Hybrid Cloud, End User, Cybersecurity, Service Management) and / or technology domains and as part of full scope Transformation outsourcing deals across the range of Capgemini’s portfolio.
• Working closely with the Sales Lead to define solution vision, value proposition and transformational direction which align with the sales win strategy and themes and build on the synergies and benefits across Capgemini service offers.
• Explores and understands client business requirements and outcomes to develop and propose a compelling value proposition leveraging Capgemini’s portfolio of offers.
• Manages the development of an end-to-end, integrated and market competitive solution to meet the client’s stated outcomes and to identify further opportunities for value add and market differentiation
• Drives the translation of complex business initiatives into innovative business-technology solutions and ensure consistency across traditional solution boundaries.
• Work with Business Stakeholders and Project Managers to understand inefficiencies or opportunities in clients’ existing business processes and applications and recommend solutions
• Leads Client solution meetings throughout the sales cycle, clearly articulating the Cloud transformation journey, automation roadmap and service offering in workshops and orals.
• Provides expertise on the commercial construct and pricing structure of deals in line with the client’s business case and to differentiate from the competition.
• Creates compelling proposal material articulating the solution value proposition and clearly setting out how the proposed services and transformation activities will drive client business outcomes.
• Takes an active role in client contract negotiations to ensure the proposed services and programme scope are clearly defined for all parties.
• Manages the solution governance process ensuring all internal stakeholders are aligned behind the proposed solution up to CxO level.
What you bring
• Recent experience in working for a Tier 1/2 Technology Services Provider in a pre-sales Solution Lead role
• Prior experience leading, costing and implementing large complex Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing (ITO) pursuits $30M+ TCV with a large technology transformation component – i.e. workload migration to Public Cloud, data center consolidations, etc.
• Broad and current knowledge of the current Cloud Infrastructure market and technologies. Ability to translate technological advances into clear business outcomes.
• Proficiency in solutioning Public Cloud Services and working with clients to design their overall journey to Public Cloud
• Proficient in the Pre-Sales Solutioning Process led by 3rd Party Advisors (e.g. ISG, PWC)
• Strong leadership skills and experienced in leading diverse and globally distributed teams
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (written & verbal) effectively and influence at CxO level
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
About Infrastructure Services
The Cloud Infrastructure Services business unit reflects the Collaborative Business Experience, combining Capgemini’s consulting, infrastructure build and run capabilities, as well as the provision of cloud-based services in an integrated global sales and delivery model. The group provides infrastructure outsourcing services, including data centre, helpdesk and network support, as well as market leading services such as service integration and cloud brokering orchestration. The group also provides infrastructure transformation services, helping clients to virtualize and optimize their technology estates. As technology and business trends evolve our security and end user services and transformation practices further provide protection and business change opportunities to our clients.