The role will be heavily ‘market maker’ oriented, focused on managing client relationships for Capgemini’s Cybersecurity, Cloud and Cloud Infrastructure Services, building the pipeline and closing deals in Nordics.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role is a player/manager role and needs to lead by example. The Sales Director is to grow the client base for Cloud Infra by building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, developing winning proposals with the Cloud Infra Service organization, negotiating and closing deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions and competitors in the region. He/she will work with the Nordics leadership and sales team, marketing staff, and executives from other business units to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Cloud Infra.
The Sales Director will be responsible for the Nordic Cloud Infra sales team with a remit across infrastructure outsourcing, infrastructure transformation and cloud-based infrastructure services. They will be responsible for delivering an overall target of approximately 100M EUR, recognised bookings value, in annual sales through a portfolio of deals, projects & consulting as well as big deals, which are typically in the 20M to 50M million range. The sales director will be visible in the market, and interacting with clients on a daily basis, being a role model for the sales team.
We expect the Sales Director to also identify, develop and close any large, key strategic opportunities and is expected to act as the sales lead on key opportunities.
This Sales Director will be both a sales manager and an individual contributor at times, and will be responsible for ensuring that the capabilities of the team are organized around the market opportunities. They will maintain a rigorous focus on pipeline management and will apply qualification criteria to ensure that the team is focused on profitable deals with a high win probability. He/She will manage the assignment of deals and will be responsible for agreeing on the allocation of sales credits. He/She will drive the performance management process and will shape training and coaching initiatives where required to support sales excellence. The Sales Director will manage an ongoing deal review process, providing coaching where required and will build relationships with key clients as the executive sponsor. The Sales Director will report into the Head of Sales, Cloud Infrastructure Services Northern Europe. In addition to the leadership and development of a diverse team of Sales Executives.
Responsibilities will include:
New Business Development
• Create a Demand Creation culture, develop demand creation plans and manage demand creation initiatives
• Identify potential Cloud Infra clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging own network.
• Develop plans to create demand for the Cloud Infra portfolio of services
• Manage funnel creation and transformation engine
• Work with the Cloud Infra solutions team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and Cloud Infra’s subject matter experts.
• Participate in designing and pricing the solution with the Service organization.
• Plan approaches and pitches for a winning strategy until deal closure.
Business Development Planning
• Review Sales strategy on significant accounts and opportunities
• Develop a Sales plan (segments, offers, channels, partners) and structure the Sales organization
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop Cloud Infra’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
• Develop a plan to progressively and strategically grow the Cloud Infra footprint in the region.
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
• Collaborate with leadership teams of Capgemini’s other Strategic Business Units to develop or expand the Cloud Infra footprint in existing clients.
• Address complex client issues involving interactions up to executive level
Management and Reporting
• Managing the sales teams
• Report and analyse Sales figures, control business development costs and manage the economics through the Sales reports and forecast.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system.
• Track and record activity on sales to close deals and exceed targets.
• Identify the right Sales profiles, connect budget and individual quotas
• Build the team, demonstrate leadership (understand competency maps, implement appropriate bonus schemes, assess / communicate on individual performance, coach and mentor team members and facilitate individual development), manage team meetings and develop a recruitment strategy
• Pipeline growth
The ideal profile will be a professional who leads from the front, understands the region as well as Cloud Infrastructure Services. A natural networker and leader of people, this person will also be able to cope with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced growth environment. Maintaining strong links with different stakeholders in Europe, India and in other geographies is critical, as is the ability to travel. A commercial and robust approach will ensure that the multi-client growth agenda is met.
The core requirements and hiring criteria is best summarised as follows:
• Cybersecurity, Cloud and Cloud Infrastructure expertise, including sales, delivery and leadership heritage is vital. We are looking for a hybrid leader, a ‘market maker’ who can dynamically grow an exciting business; a natural networker who is adept at successfully exploiting key C-level relationships.
• Bright, energetic, a leader internally and with exceptional client gravitas and deal closing ability.
• Very strong commercially, with a successful track record of winning deals.
• Demonstrated accomplishments in using a partner ecosystem to drive growth
• Work experience in a company with a global operating model where sales and delivery are functionally separated
• Must have worked with pure offshore delivery model
• Experience of managing a multi-hundred million dollars sales target
• Knowledge to know what deals should be pursued, prequalification and due diligence and the strategy to execute on key wins
• Proven ability to set and execute strategy; defining and iterating client, sector or industry value propositions
• Clear understanding of the value levers within infrastructure services, including cloud-based services, transformation, etc.
• Disciplined sales execution with reliable sales forecasting, Passionate and strategic thinker
• Experience in leading, developing and growing sales teams.
• Successful collaboration with delivery, solution, consulting and business support teams including finance, HR and legal, to shape, sell and maintain deals.
• Track record of successfully working in a matrixed and global multi line of business
• Solid reputation in the Cloud and Cybersecurity Solutions and Infrastructure Outsourcing industry as a respected sales leader or executive
If you have any questions regarding the position, please reach out to Moa Tollstam, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cloud Infrastructure Services
Within Capgemini, the Cloud Infrastructure Services business provides leading solutions to large global customers through an integrated global sales and delivery model. We are a global team of committed professionals who advise, transform and run client IT services. We help organizations meet their business goals by transforming and managing their IT infrastructure landscape – leveraging innovations notably in automation and the cloud.