First things first. Process understanding is the path to standardization. Standardization leads to simplification. Simplification leads to automation. Automation leads to intelligent, innovative processes. Standardization is indeed the key to process simplification, as it becomes so much easier to define how the process is executed. And simple processes that are thus clear and rule-based, facilitate the introduction of intelligent automation solutions. In any case, process standardization across global operations will also ensure cost effective and easy maintenance. Getting a grip on the basics, a key priority it is.
- Using strong process policies to identify performance metrics that require monitoring (Service Level Agreements and KPIs), then process orchestration and process mining to facilitate the auditing and compliance monitoring.
- Drive simplification and standardization using process orchestration, process mining and digital twins to support the identification and impact assessment of business exceptions.
- Automate activities and digitize end-to-end processes to improve the user experience and analyze performance with smart digital workflows.
- Perform continuous issue resolution and root cause analysis using data visualization and natural language generation.
- Accelerate transaction processing times using AI and ML to cognitively generate next best action recommendations (that can be fully automated in the future).
- An American bottling company is using process mining to identify bottlenecks in the process, presenting positive financial impact and improvement opportunities.
- A consumer goods manufacturer uses digital workflows to improve the customer experience with user-friendly electronic forms, capturing approvals electronically (rather than via email) and automating actions on multiple systems.
- A German Telco utilized the Pega platform to create a 360-degree customer view across all digital channels while drastically simplifying its daily operations.
- Using RPA (Robotic Process Automation), a global drinks manufacturer is identifying and managing duplicate invoices, reducing confusion in the process and ensuring their suppliers get paid on time and in full.
- Automation provides enhanced process efficiency and clear, defined processes.
- Enabling resources to focus on value-added activities such as business partnering or issue resolution, results in a reduction in manual effort of up to 80%.
- Improved process effectiveness through empowered compliance monitoring and tracking, proactively resolves issues as they happen.
- Improved processing times results in a material impact to customer service.