Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) are not new, but recent advances in computational power, storage, graphics processing, and high-resolution displays have helped overcome some of the constraints that have stood in the way of the widespread use of these immersive technologies. According to IDC, global spending on AR/VR is now expected to reach $17.8 billion in 2018, an increase of nearly 95% over the $9.1 billion estimate for 2017.
AR and VR in today’s enterprise
Given this impetus, we wanted to understand more about the current state of play with AR/VR in the enterprise. We surveyed executives at 700+ companies, including 600 companies who are either experimenting with or implementing AR/VR; spoke with AR/VR-focused leadership at global companies, start-ups, and vendors; and analyzed over 35 use cases, with a particular focus on:
- The use of AR/VR for internal industrial company operations, including, but not limited to, design, engineering, and field services
- The automotive, utility, and discrete manufacturing sectors.
This research focuses on organizations that have initiated their AR/VR journey, whether by experimentation or implementation and aims to answer a number of questions:
- How is AR/VR being used today?
- Where should organizations invest – what are the use cases that generate the most value?
- How can companies either begin or evolve their initiatives?
These technologies have already come so far but they continue to evolve at a rapid pace.
Download and subscribe
Download the report to see what benefits AR and VR can bring to your business.