Delivering Benefits to Government Agencies Through Capgemini’s IV&V Methodology
Capgemini works with government agencies to improve operational success through an unbiased and thorough IV&V of mission critical and complex programs and systems. Some of our IV&V projects include:
Large DoD Agency
Capgemini provides enterprise and program-level risk management and IV&V services to a large DoD agency‘s transformative ERP programs integrating end-to-end business processes within a single enterprise architecture. The initiative is being implemented to optimize the development, implementation, integration and synchronization of the agency’s ERP portfolio.
- Identified and delivered mitigation plans for enterprise and program- level risks
- Recommended corrective action plans and process improvements to support deployment schedules
- Assessments of performance metrics resulted in tangible measures of value and benefit realization
- Several architecture reviews significantly improved compatibility for external system interfaces to systems outside of the agency
- Delivered a comprehensive assessment of transition and sustainment strategies
Large Civilian Agency
Capgemini provides comprehensive enterprise and program-level IV&V services for a large government agency’s significant modernization of aging departmental and agency program application systems. This modernization of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system landscape is transforming business processes and technology to address challenges and opportunities in the rapidly changing federal environment. The initiative is being implemented using SAP AG’s Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP), which the agency has mandated for ERP implementations.
- Trusted advisor status with the ERP program leadership and the agency’s CIO by providing honest feedback on program progress
- Provide knowledge of industry standards and how to apply them, as well as expertise in SAP, system implementation and IV&V to drive quality throughout the lifecycle
- Provide early insight into process deficiencies and system defects enabling the ERP program and task managers to make timely and informed decisions
- Maintain focus on the critical path to solution deployment with direct results in program performance, ability to deliver releases on time and overall cost savings
- Elimination of multiple rework cycles in all lifecycle phases from development to deployment
Large State Tax Agency
Capgemini provides IV&V and testing services for a large state revenue agency that is implementing SAP TRM software replacing literally dozens of legacy systems implemented over the past 35 years.
- Comprehensive validation of the implementation approach and soundness of the solution provider’s methodology, planning and execution of the project
- Early identification and mitigation of project risks resulting in reduced schedule delays
- Verification of the accuracy of the solution provider’s technology and deliverables
- Verification of fulfillment of project stakeholder needs and expectations