Vortex-CoLab is a growing collaborative laboratory that combines academia and industry allies such as CapGemini Engineering in an innovation frameworkto boost tech transfer in the areas of cyberphysical systems and cybersecurity. We are embarking on a journey that merges cutting-edge research and agile market solutions to create top-class products with the highest guarantees of safety and security.
In order to be successful in this journey, we are actively seeking a trailblazing Embedded Systems Research Engineer to strengthen our team.
If your true calling is working within a leading-edge applied research and development organization; and if you are passionate for inventing, prototyping and engineering breakthrough technologies with awesome applications...... then I think it’s safe to say we should talk. We are seeking candidates with an interest in innovative research as well as a commitment to developing solutions for the real world.
This role is ideal for a technology-minded problem solver who thrives in a business work environment with an academic twist.
Vortex-CoLab combines motivated individuals and active learners that thrive on doing remarkable things every day. We face technology challenges together, with academic insights and business mindsets, to deliver world-class solutions that transform the way the world uses technology.
As an Embedded Systems Research Engineer at Vortex-CoLab you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of other engineers, researchers, designers and product managers supporting initiatives that will define the next generation of embedded and real-time systems that are highly connected, with massive processing power and performing complex applications. As a member of the team you will drive future concepts and contribute to our innovation roadmap and prototype solutions.
How you can expect to fill your days:
- Leverage on your technical streak to developand implement software of embedded devices and systems in C or C++;
- Feed your passion for embedded systems and all things tech through the participation in awesome research and innovation projects;
- Perform verification & validation testing of embedded systems which will contribute to the creation of out-of-the-box prototytpes;
- With a keen focus on productivity, analyze, monitor and improve efficiency and stability of the systems and optimize I/O performance;
- Boost up the creative environment provided and demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to experiment cross-cutting technologies
VORTEX-CoLab is looking for exceptional Embedded Systems Research Engineers with a MSc in Computer Engineering or similar (Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Electronics) and who meet the following requirements:
- Desire to learn functional programming languages (Ocaml or Haskell) and some experience (1-2 years) with development of software systems
- A passion for embedded systems gives you a sound knowledge of embedded platforms, Yocto/OpenEmbedded and Buildroot
- Hands-on experience in Linux Kernel
- Familiar with hardware description languages (HDLs)
- A real thirst for knowledge and to stay ahead of the latest trends makes you an active curious and inventive thinker. You´re not afraid to try something new
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A natural inclination to work on a collaborative environment, and the willingness to work on a broad variety of projects
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with functional programming languages and/or circuit generators (Chisel or others);
- Familiarity with Model-Checking or other formal verification techniques
- A love of all things tech; from the latest in artificial intelligence, to whatever software, hardware, or combination of both, is required to get the job done