Join one of the fastest-growing creative agencies in Kraków
Capgemini’s in-house agency, EDGE Creative, is made up of 50 designers, developers, copywriters, content marketers and marketing managers, representing 11 different nationalities. Based in Krakow, Poland, EDGE Creative works for the Capgemini brand and it’s clients – including some of the biggest and best-known brands in the world.
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager / Product Owner to strengthen our ability to conceptualise, design and deliver compelling mobile and web experiences for leading international companies.
As a Digital Project Manager / Product Owner, you will work on a broad and diverse range of projects and brands with a wide variety of stakeholders – from product and business stakeholders (often based in a variety of locations), all the way through to designers and developers.
What does ‘typical’ look like?
Projects at EDGE Creative range from creating single-page websites, to productivity tools, to entire websites, to mobile apps to support events, to proof-of-concept projects, and much more. You’ll work for the Capgemini brand on internal – and external-facing projects, as well as for Capgemini clients – some of the biggest brands in the world.
Your involvement will be:
- Work with the business to understand objectives and agree project budgets and timelines
- Consult with a team of designers and developers to plan a course of action for the project
- Build professional proposals to secure budget and stakeholder ‘buy in’, and to lay the groundwork for successful collaboration
- Leading mini teams of designers and developers through to the delivery completed products
- Manage the project within the context of a pipeline of other web and mobile design and development work
As the ever-present presence throughout the project, you’ll enjoy the responsibility of working with clients, designers and developers to ensure that each product is delivered on time, on budget and on brief.
At EDGE Creative, being a Digital Project Manager / Product Owner means
- Being an expert in your field. You’ll be familiar with the different tools and methodologies available to you. You’ll be able to make the right decisions about which tools and approaches to use, and you’ll be able to justify them to your stakeholders and secure ‘buy in’. That means you’ll have done your research and will be able to present an educated and compelling argument to support your views.
- Navigating complex business or technology environments and guiding key stakeholders. Our clients’ objectives are often complex or incomplete – you’ll be expected to ask the right questions so that you can establish requirements and lay the foundations for compelling web and mobile experiences that engage users and drive the right types of interaction.
- Managing stakeholders, budgets, teams and risks. You’ll be involved at every stage of the process – from first contact with our clients, through to briefing, proposal writing and cost estimation, all the way through to day-to-day client contact, budget management and working with both designers and developers. If there are risks on the horizon, you’ll identify and confront them, and you’ll communicate openly and responsibly to all stakeholders.
- Working with designers and developers from concept creation through to delivery. You’ll understand the different needs and expectations of designers and developers, be familiar with the methodologies and tools used by both, and will be able to manage projects that involve both skillsets (and maybe more).
- Managing and growing a pipeline of work. As the key link between our clients and the Design and Developer teams, it’ll be on you to manage the flow of work coming into the team. You’ll plan and prioritize, and you’ll also be responsible for promoting our services and growing the business.
What we offer
- An ideal opportunity to further your career in digital and interactive, working for internationally recognized brands alongside experienced designers and developers
- Interesting and stable job in a vibrant atmosphere and as part of a truly international team
- Competitive salary with an attractive benefits package
- A generous training budget and access to a rich range of industry-leading training resources
- Encouragement and freedom to discover and pilot the latest tools and methodologies
- Friendly, welcoming working environment populated by expats, recent grads, agency-seasoned creatives and domain experts
What you absolutely need to have
- Excellent English (written and spoken)
- Familiarity and experience using project management tools such as Jira or Teamwork
- The ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design and technical decision making
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies within enterprise-level application development projects. PSM, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10 team members, including Designers, Developers, and QA Personnel
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a specific project and business environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly communicate technical and strategic directions and recommendations to clients and internal team members
- Strong interpersonal skills – specifically an ability to take on board the views of several different stakeholders and to challenge, where necessary, existing hypotheses
- Great self-management skills and a commitment to working as part of a team
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Knowledge of latest trends and methodologies (e.g. current UX design principles and UI design patterns)
What would really help your application
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A university degree with a preferred emphasis on Project Management within an Interactive/Digital environment or Human Computer Interaction and Design
- Experience in working directly with clients (e.g. establishing objectives, envisioning user journeys, challenging existing perceptions)
- Experience in consulting with clients, presenting ideas to senior stakeholders and/or facilitating workshops with key stakeholders
- Experience designing or directing visual user interfaces for web pages and/or native mobile apps
- Demonstrable UX skills with a sportfolio demonstrating wireframes, user flows, and research
- A knowledge of and/or ability to learn tools like Sketch, UXPin, Zeplin
- Experience working in a B2B setting (preferably international)
- Proven track record of working in a high-pressure, deadline-driven work setting
- Pro-active approach with the ability to put forward new ideas
Please note: the recruitment process may involve a test to evaluate skills and understanding of business context.