Executive Vice President, Global Head of Automotive, Capgemini Group
As Global Head of Automotive for the Capgemini Group, Markus Winkler works with teams across the world, helping clients shape their mobility strategies and invent what’s next in the rapidly changing automotive industry.
Besides connected vehicles and autonomous driving, Markus asserts that car-sharing, electrification and mass-transit systems will change the face of mobility at local, national, and global levels. Environmental sustainability will be an increasing focus throughout this transformation over the coming decade.
These trends are driving companies to embrace change, innovate and rethink the way they do business. They’re why Markus describes the industry as one of today’s most exciting growth areas. He uses his extensive experience in delivering major business transformation programs to help clients ensure innovations in technology deliver new, sustainable value propositions, while bringing efficiency to legacy and commoditized IT services.
Markus is proud to work closely with some of the world’s most innovative and recognizable brands, helping to define the future of the automotive industry.
Sector and Subject Expertise
- Sector: Automotive, Manufacturing
- Subject: Digital transformation and strategy, new digital business models, consumer-centricity/ experience, connectivity and mobility, connected vehicles and services, business transformation in marketing, sales, after sales, retail and technology, analytics
- The Automotive Industry in the Era of Sustainability
- Get ready for a radical reinvention of mobility business models
- How automotive organizations can maximize the smart factory potential
- World Climate Summit 2019 (panel discussion) – Electrifying Mobility: Game Changer for Communications, Cities, and Transport
- Judge/host for Automotive News Europe Rising Stars Award recognizing promising talent in the automotive sector
And another thing …
Markus is a passionate automotive enthusiast with a number of ‘special cars’ in his personal collection.