With the rules of business being rewritten in this increasingly digitized economic era, customer experience has become the primary driver for organizations across all sectors. Needless to say, the logistics and transportation industry is facing the pressure to ramp up and find new paths to grow and sustain itself. Marie-Louise de Groot, a Salesforce Consultant at Capgemini, tells us about her experience with a leading logistics company in the Netherlands that has started its digital transformation journey and how Capgemini and Salesforce’s partnership is helping them transforming into a future-ready enterprise.
“One of our great successes in implementing the Salesforce Service Cloud was for a leading logistics and transportation partner in the Netherlands. Our project received one of the highest CSAT scores (4.6/5) from the customer – which attests to the expertise of our team.Customer service is a key focus area of our client’s strategy, and Service Cloud was a natural fit to improve service quality and increase customer satisfaction whereas Capgemini was the obvious choice when it came to implementing it. Our team of experts took on the role of strategic, end-to-end, transformation partner, helping finalize our client’s exact requirements before moving on to implementation, user testing, and rollout. We also helped set up a Center of Excellence to ensure the continuous improvement of the standard processes and structures in short cycles.”
“Throughout the project, which lasted from August 2018 to February 2019, we supported the logistics company in close collaboration with Salesforce. Our team included four consultants, a Salesforce architect, an engagement manager, and a change manager who worked in two-week sprints to deliver the end-to-end requirement for the client.
Some of the key deliveries included:
- Requirement analysis and solution finalization
- Change management (from traditional email to a modern and customized CRM model)
- Salesforce Service Cloud case management
- Launch of a parcel number finder (to access data smoothly by locating the parcel number and storing this on the case to ensure quicker customer service)
- Implementation of Email-to-Case and Web-to-Case (a great feature to enable mapping fields from the website directly to the case in question)
- Initiation of the use of milestones (involving two basic timelines: when does the customer need to receive the first response and when does the case need to be resolved)
- Introduction of Chatter functionality (for company-wide collaboration as well as case-basis updates)
To ensure that the client was on board with the Salesfore Service Cloud, we adopted an agile way of working using the Scrum approach, where we provided demos after every two-week sprint to get the client up to speed with our solution. This demo was conducted by the product owner himself, who was well aware of the entire scenario and could organize the demo successfully. The demos were followed by UAT by end users with the final test occurring during the last four sprints. The rollout of the Service Cloud was completed in February 2019, but we are looking forward to helping the customer, in the near future, to ensure faster and more efficient customer service as well as overall improvement in sales, service, and marketing.
Benefits to the customer
We successfully delivered a MVP for Service Cloud and connected it with the Sales Cloud environment, creating a single platform for future development. This brings our client one step closer to the vision that Salesforce will be the number-one system to work with. In addition to this, we ensured that:
- All cases are now registered and visible to everyone, leading to transparency within the company
- More data insight can be procured through reports and dashboards in order to measure and improve customer satisfaction, process improvement, KPIs etc.
The project came to an end in February, but our collaboration with client continues. We remain in touch with the organization and work to ensure that they have a seamless transition from their traditional way of working to the faster and more agile work modes of the digital era.”
If you’d like to learn more about the Capgemini-Salesforce partnership or how we can help you in your digital transformation, please feel free to connect with Marie-Louise de Groot.