Capgemini’s view on Project Management
Project managers play a major role in ensuring the profitability of the company by executing their engagements with positive financial results, positive client satisfaction and by selling additional projects. Proven project management and sales skills are key, because of the complexity and the extensive scope of the engagements. Project management includes specialties, as transformation and transition management.
Our Senior Project Managers take full responsibility for managing transition and transformation projects or the major streams or towers within a very large program.
Capgemini has its own Project Management methodology and a corresponding certification program. Of course external certification like IPMA or PMI is also facilitated. The project management role comes in different variations:
1) Assignment as a project manager to external clients (staff augmentation);
2) Assignment to bids and projects.
Within the region Central Europe there is a Project Management community network of approx. 80 members, from project management officers to senior project managers.
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS)
CIS has the focus on infrastructure and infrastructure related engagements. These engagements are often executed in close collaboration with other business units and Rightshore centers in Poland and India. Most (bids and) projects are therefore complex and challenging.
CIS encompasses a wide range of public and private Cloud expertise and Cyber Security Services, among which:
- Public Cloud providers (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, IBM)
- Capgemini private cloud platforms
- Data center migration and consolidation
- End User Services (Cloud Workplace, Service desk)
- Service Integration (ITIL processes and process automation)
- Security Solutions (like SIEM, IAM, CSOC)
Career at CIS
CIS Central Europe has vacancies for senior project managers. Capgemini can offer challenging bids and projects in complex infrastructure environments. Within the region Central Europe the project manager is most of the time assigned to regional bids and projects, for clients in the Netherlands and in Germany. Successful and ambitious project managers of course have the option to get international assignments, all over the world. The project manager has the opportunity to grow into more complex, challenging, large, international and multi-discipline engagements towards project director.
Are you the senior project manager we looking for?
Capgemini wants to have the best project managers and therefore we have requirements summarized to get the ideal project manager. If there is no 100% match with these requirements we are still open for a conversation with you to discuss your match.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, able to communicate on CxO level with both business and IT
- Dutch mother tongue
- Fluent in English (in writing and verbal)
- Good German (in writing and verbal) is a preference
- Strong leadership, planning, organizational, client relationship and stakeholder management skills underpinned by proven experience in IT Infrastructure (Applications) projects
- Able to create additional sales on engagements
- Experience with suppliers & 3rd parties management
- Experience of project and program planning, project forecasting and financial management (including tooling)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Able to cope with stress
- Knowledge of, experience in, certification in project management methodologies, f.e. Prince, IPMA or PMI
- Finished education at HBO- or WO- (technical) level;
- Willingness to travel within region and internationally (Germany)
- Preference: Experience with Agile
Capgemini offers you
An excellent employment package, including:
- A fixed contract of 40 hours per week (depending on your preference, different contract forms are possible)
- End-of-year benefit
- Customized bonus scheme
- Premium-free pension
- 26 holidays with option to buy additional days
- SIM card and laptop and all facilities needed to work flexible on different locations
- Monthly mobility allowance which can be used for a lease car, public transport or can be paid out as gross salary
- Free access to work related public transport as addition to the lease car enabling you to work on sustainability