Número de Need: CENG0042
RH: AGRAZ FIGUEROA ANA CAROLINA
Position: Jira Admin Engineer
Experience level: Senior
Education level: Engineer Degree
Location: Guadalajara or Remote
Job reference code*: CENG0042
Practice: Customer Software Development
Industry – Sector: Software Development
What you’ll do?
- Creates custom projects in JIRA for complex workflows, reports, permission schemes etc. to meet business needs
- Performs testing in non-production environments, deployment in Production followed by testing in Production
- Creates test cases and generates test reports for testing JIRA projects implementation and enhancements
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather requirements for new JIRA projects and enhancements
- Performs weekly maintenance of JIRA servers
- Provides ideas for using JIRA more efficiently to meet business needs
- Provides formal and informal training to new JIRA users
- Identifies, tests and provides recommendations for using new plugins to meet project requirements
- Collaborates with other team members for creating solutions for new requirements
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA 6.x & 7.x environment.
- Improve JIRA security. Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline;
- 3+ years’ experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with specific focus on JIRA as a Project/Application Administrator.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus.
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA, a must.
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages, a must.
- Ability to create custom fields, reports using post functions.
- Ability to test, recommend and install new plug-ins.
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation, a must.
- Experience installing applications on VMs, monitoring performance, and tailing logs on Unix Systems Administration and Microsoft Windows Server, preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills are preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.