Windows Engineering Specialist for Securities Client
We are searching for a specialist for Windows Platform Engineering – Client PC and Server .
Services engineered and supported range from;
- Development of enterprise toolsets.
- Selection, evaluation and implementation of 3rd party solutions.
- Server and Desktop Virtualization technologies based on VMware
- Management of core enterprise services such as distribution systems, build systems, management systems.
- Liaison with operations and business partners to deliver innovative and cost efficient solutions against requirements.
- Project management and engineering services as required.
The successful candidate should be able to work in a complex, dynamic and demanding environment with an enthusiastic attitude towards engineering, and a strong sense of customer support. The candidate should be level-headed and remain calm in crisis situations, have a strong ability to analyse problems and situations and provide innovate ideas and solutions to meet requirements.
The candidate should be fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing) and be able to communicate and coordinate with users as well as other technology groups in the Asia region as well as globally. Japanese skill while not required will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have an advanced working knowledge of Windows client/server distributed environments, both from a platform OS and a wider enterprise environment perspective.
Strong knowledge in the Desktop virtualization technologies includes, VMware Horizon View broker technologies, VSphere 5.5 & 6.0 etc. Experience on the Citrix Xen-App will be an added advantage.
Experience working with core enterprise systems such as SCCM will be a strong advantage. The ability to script in PowerShell and with Windows Script Host is a requirement; the capability to develop software particularly in .NET 4.5 is an advantage.
- Proficiency with VDI Technology based on VMware.
- Horizon View/Manager
- Proficiency with VMware vSphere 5.5 & 6.0
- Advanced knowledge of Windows servers and desktop platforms
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and other core infrastructure components (i.e.Group Policy, DHCP, DNS , Active Directory enterprise design principles etc.)
- Proficiency with SCCM 2007 & SCCM 2012
- Working knowledge of Citrix Xen Desktop 5.x
- Working knowledge of VDI technologies and broader VDI underlying design principles.
- Proficiency with Powershell and Windows Script Host scripting technologies.
- Ability to develop both web and standard applications in C# as a team, an advantage.
- Advanced English language skills are essential (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Project management skills. A candidate with a proven ability to be able to present, plan, budget, design and implement would be preferred.
- A good awareness of audit, compliance, change control processes and procedures. An ideal candidate will have spent a part of career working in a mature organization with a well-developed audit control framework. ( does not necessarily need to have been in the financial sector )