Roles & Responsibility
– Installation and configuration of highly-consolidated WebSphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
– Installation, implementation, upgrading, performance, security, patching and monitoring of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WASND) environments.
– Configuration of JDBC provider and data source to connect to the DB2 databases for application data.
– Configuration of SSL for communication between Plug-in and Application server.
– Implementation of horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Advanced Edition in a workload-managed cluster.
– Configuration of session management and virtual hosts for WebSphere Application Servers.
– Deployment of EAR & WAR files on WebSphere Application Server.
– Enable SSL and was responsible for installing the certificates and configuring them in the IBM Http Server
– Responsibilities include capacity-planning, sizing, implementation, and maintenance for new applications in the WAS environment.
– Provide technical support to web application developers when required. This includes promoting use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and trouble shooting.
– Monitor, tune and performance test activities for live and in-flight applications
– Maximizing availability and performance for all WASND and IBM HTTP Server Plugins and IBM HTTP Server systems
– Assist in the coding and support of various UNIX scripts for WAS support.
– Provide customer support by addressing trouble tickets providing levels 1, 2 and 3 support.
– Participate in an “on-call” rotation and 24/7 support.
– 5+ years of experience, including design and advanced trouble-shooting skills, of major web and application tier software offerings utilizing of WebSphere Application Server.
– Proficient in Japanese and English will be required, at least Business level both in writing and speaking
Work location: TokyoApply now