Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Ability to collaborate with team members, users and peer functional teams on the development of customized software
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Working closely with Engineering, architects, UX designers, business, systems analysts & cross-functional teams.
- Collect feedback and bug reports
- Determining operational practicality.
- Solution mind-set: ability to connect the dots to conceptualize a solution, value proposition, and create blueprints.
- Ability to design / deploy / document edge computing solutions using the above technologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years in Software development and support, specifically for Products and Platforms
- 4+ years of relevant work experience developing and supporting Java based open-source full stack applications.
- Hands-on Coding, Building, Release and Deployment experience for Open-source cloud native multi-tenant SaaS Platforms.
- 3+ year of work experience using Spring Boot, Scratch, Spring Cloud and Microservices.
- Hands on coding experience with Python or Golang programming language.
- Experience on architecting microservices with Docker CRI and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Pipeline-As-Code such as Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Exposure to Function-as-a-Service, Knative, Serverless, etc.
- Experience with Service Mesh, Service Discovery, Routing tools and technologies such as: Istio, Consul, ZooKeeper, zuul, linkerd, envoy, etc.
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring & Alerting tools such as: Catchpoint, Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix, InfluxDB, Graphite, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Experience with APM tools such as: New Relic, Dynatrace, Jaegar etc.
- Experience with Log Management tools such as: ELK stack, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with secrets management, certificates, encryption and keys such as: Vault, AWS KMS, etc.
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or others.
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Maria, etc.
- Good technical knowledge of products and the deployment nuances including post go-live support and ongoing maintenance activities to comply with agreed SLAs
- Experience in shell scripting and network automation platforms such as Ansible, AWX, Chef, Puppet, Terraform etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following edge cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud
Following Skills is an added advantage
- Edge computing infrastructure and middle-ware.
- CCNP (CCIE Preferred RS, DC, or enterprise).
- Software-defined networking like Cisco ACI.
- Private LTE / 5G.
- Knowledge on ETSI specifications GS ETSI MEC 0028,0029,0021,010-2,0022,0030,0027,0024,0031 and 3GPP Specs - 3GPP SA2, RAN3, SA4, SA5, SA6, 24 301, 24 501 etc.
- Experience with system-level testing and performance evaluation of Edge computing solutions and familiarity with related tools.
- Hands on experience with CNI’s like MULTUS, CALICO, SR-IOV, DPDK, DPDK-SRIOV in the Kubernetes architecture.