The role of the Software Architect/BTA is that of a person who interprets business requirements, provides technical advisory on product capabilities, integration, configuration and design new system solutions.
This role is distinct from that of a technical designer of software solutions who works on the basis of the requirements gathered by the Software Architect/BTA.
In such a way the Software Architect/BTA’s responsibilities are:
- Assist in the revision of business requirements
- Verify the completeness of Use Cases
- Resolving customer requirements by creating Functional Design Specification documents taking into consideration operational needs, system performance, usability, resolution of technical problems, risk assessment etc.
- Conduct Gap analysis on market adoption and feature enabling
- Design integrated Solutions
- Configure and enable new features for market adoption by functional product walk through or demo
- Continuously learning about NP6 products and process
- Collaborate to improve existing business processes
- Utilize your experience in using RCT/RFM2/NP6/NGK/eCP/NP#/3PO requirements definition to seamlessly integrate different Restaurant Applications
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse and gather all information needed
- Assist in the facilitation of team and client meetings
- Deliver informative, well-organized documents such as configuration guide, adoption guide, feature white paper etc.
- Creation of documents for assisting and arming McD on knowledge about the best usage of NP6 products Teamwork
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Facilitates effective team interaction
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions
- Take input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback
- Comply with and enhance the processes established for the BTA area
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar applicable
- 3 years of professional experience in System Analysis, Information Systems, or other related fields including roles in system requirements/specifications at a broad corporate strategic level.
- Knowledge of System Design and Modelling Techniques
- Business awareness and strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into an application and operational requirements
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation: good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills, coaching, mentoring and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- A logical approach to problem-solving. A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, initiative and self-confidence
- 3 years of experience as a functional Software Architect/BTA or business analyst
- Knowledge of hardware, software and programming
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Point of Sale software experience
- Knowledge of the Quick Service Restaurant Business, including, but not limited to, RCT, RFM2, NP6, NP#, eCP, 3PO, NGK
- Requires ability to travel overseas when required