Position Title: Application Support (L2) for Finance Department
Work Location: Tokyo
Looking for a senior, versatile core java developer with a ‘can do’ attitude to join tech-savvy Tokyo ‘Unity Trade Processing’ team who is responsible for managing firm’s strategic, mission-critical and cross-asset global trade booking & position management system. It’s a highly distributed, scalable and robust (runs 24×7) global platform with a large user base, approx. 3500+ users from various business streams e.g. Rates, Credit, FX. It’s one of the most critical systems for Fixed Income business globally. Team also manages a few small local/domestic applications. Successful candidate expect to work on these applications too.
- Work on implementing new functionalities/enhancements to the strategic system and domestic applications
- Take full ownership of assigned tasks and manage full software/project life cycle, starting from requirements analysis phase till deployment.
- Work closely with users & IT teams and propose/deliver technical solutions to meet their requirements.
- Level 2/3 support, involves working with production support teams on prod issues, fast turnaround on system fixes and addressing user’s queries in timely manner.
- Participate in local/global conference calls and keep up to date local/remote manager
Mandatory (must-have) qualification
- Strong core java (J2SE 1.6 or above) programming & debugging skills with deep understanding of java API/language features e.g. memory management, multi-threading, collections framework
- In-depth knowledge of Design patterns, Agile methodologies, Spring framework, Apache Camel, Maven, Gitlabs and Testing frameworks e.g. JUnit, Mockito
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in developing large scale server side, multithreaded, distributed applications using core java/J2SE (not J2EE)
- Self-starter with good inter-personal skills who can work with other teams and manage his own tasks/projects independently
- Fluency (read, write and speak) in English language
Highly desirable qualifications:
- Development experience in C or C++
- Fluency (read, write and speak) in Japanese language
Investment banking/finance knowledge is good to have but not mandatory
Contractor or Permanent status (* Permanent employment status could be considered, based on the candidate’s experience and our project availability)