Position Title: Scrum Master Consultant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams.
- Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping.
- Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning.
- Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
- Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level.
- Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assist in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
- Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
- Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interference.
- Track and remove impediments.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity.
- Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 7+ Years’ experience leading teams in Scrum and Agile methodology in an enterprise IT environment
- Certified Scrum Master (CMS) preferred
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to synthesize story-line and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques
- Agile at Scale (SAFe, LeSS) strongly preferred (Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Bi-lingual (Japanese Fluent) and Business level of English communication
- Insurance Experience will be good to have
- Experience of working in a multi cultural environment