We are looking for a Bilingual (English & Japanese) Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our non-Financial Services customers in Japan. This role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities.
Candidate must develop strong relationships with our Non-Financial Services customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. Sales Managers will also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, s/he will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Practice and Delivery groups) to improve the entire customer experience. This position may require occasional travel.
If you are familiar with account management software (Salesforce), have a flair for client communication and understand consumer behavior, we’d like to meet you. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales quotas.
Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our practice and delivery teams to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize account contribution margin
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with practice teams and internal leadership to identify and grow opportunities
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
Required skills/ Expected profiles:
- Knowledge and experience in the Manufacturing or Enterprise software industries in Japan
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) and MS Office (particularly MS PowerPoint and MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP or DX would be plus