Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and represent Integration area in the project meeting
- Coordinate closely with project teams and understand the requirements of Integration componentsExplain the requirements to the Integration SME and developers.
- Work closely with Integration SME, other Analysts and developers to understand the risks, issues and technical barriers and ensure project teams are updated on the latest status.
- Support development teams in release and test activities
- Handle change and release management activities
- Coordinate with testing teams for test sign-off
- Work closely with other application teams and ensure that the planned release does not conflict with other apps
- Keep track of multiple releases in multiple integration areas like API, ESB, ODM & ETL and ensure WBS are in place and the same is respected.
- Lead the implementation of functional & non-functional features based on requirement/design from business and support teams.
- Investigate issues/defects raised by clients on non-production environment.
- Handle urgent troubleshooting on non-production environments and get support from developers.
- Adopt automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Have 5+ years’ experience software engineering (Java, J2EE, Core Java, Spring)
- Knowledge on change and release management process and tools
- Working experience with geographically distributed teams
- Expertise in software development methodologies.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of experience in implementing major systems for major insurance carrier/financial institution
- Knowledge of Microservices and REST API
- Bi-lingual Japanese (N1-N2) and Business level of English communication
Location: Tokyo, Japan