Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 – and Capgemini’s digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Reporting to Capgemini Engineering APAC HR Lead and in close collaboration with the Japan HR Director and Business Leaders, you will be asked to manage the HR activities for a population of approximately 120 consultants in our offices and on our client sites. These activities cover the following HR domains: Offering, Learning & Development, Onboarding, Talent Management and HR Operations support. On the top of this role, you will support the C&B activities in Asia Pacific region for the Engineering business line. In this context, you will be in charge of the following activities:
HR Business Partnering
- Monitor headcount planning set by the business, anticipate recruitment waves and ensure the business readiness to welcome new joiners
- Ensure Onboarding of new joiner in your geographical area by facilitating welcome sessions
- Monitor HR metrics of your population (attrition, gender balance, seniority pyramid); communicate with other HR functions on people related topics (Talent management, payroll, administration etc…)
- Counsels and supports team managers in the resolution of specific individual local HR issues; e.g. disciplinary actions incl. face-to -face meetings with managers/employee, lay-off employees incl. negotiation of severance payments
- Supports organizational changes (restructuring, mergers & acquisitions) providing appropriate solutions to the business from the HR perspective
- Follow-up employees’ engagement score using company tools, build action plans and take necessary actions when required + direct communication with consultants at site to collect feedback/comments and set action plan.
- Coach Team Managers in their people related tasks to ensure they have all tools, guidelines and guidance to deliver the job
- Master, communicate and support implementation of talent management processes (Talent review, Annual Appraisal, Training plan, Promotion process and Salary review…)
- Partner with Business leaders and Team managers to prepare, facilitate and provide outcomes of the Talent reviews in order to ensure Talent development plans are created, relevant to individuals and followed-up by Team Managers
APAC Compensation & Benefits
- Work alongside the APAC HR lead to implement compensation policies and programs, including salary structure and bonus/ incentive schemes, to ensure company total rewards are affordable, competitive and incentivize the desired behaviors.
- Support APAC country HRDs to understand and localize group C&B initiatives (Variable comp, Sales commission, Employee Stock Option scheme etc..)
- Consult with senior management on executive rewards, providing external market analysis to inform decision making.
- Create and maintain salary bands structure for the Engineering business in the region
- Continually look to improve and develop the Compensation & Benefits and HR services function, optimize and transform processes where required, build overall competency and enable with technology / Analytics.
We are looking for talented candidates passionate by People Management and Human resources. Because of our activity, a previous experience in the Engineering world would be appreciated. The ideal profile includes:
- A Bachelor degree or above, majored in HR management or other relevant specialty
- Over 8 years’ experience ideally in HR, C&B and/or Talent Management
- Knowledge of Japan Labor Law and relevant regulations
- Experience and proven track record in working across the core HR functions
- Ability to collaborate with the Management Community
- Team-oriented skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills coupled with an ability to build long term partnerships with internal management & staff
- Bilingual (Japanese – Fluent, English – Fluent)
Joining us means that, in function of your skills, you will be able to tackle the very diverse kinds of challenges involved with supporting companies in the creation and development of new products or services and related processes (in different industries such as healthcare, energy, automotive, railway, aerospace, finance, telecom & media). Your responsibilities will be in line with your expertise, seniority and performance. You will hence grow at your own pace and we can guarantee your learning curve will never stabilize nor curve down.
Location : Tokyo