Position Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Experience Level (in number of years): 2+ Years
Work Location: Tokyo
Working Hours: 8:40 – 17:40
Desktop Support Engineer – Build, test, troubleshoot virtual and physical desktop hardware in a fast paced financial services organisation..
- Build, test and troubleshoot virtual and physical desktop hardware and other peripheral devices
- Install and troubleshoot packaged application
- Document processes and procedures for managing virtual desktop testing pools as well as physical desktops
- Escalate questions to appropriate representatives or support groups
- Follow all relevant Company policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively to keep the team informed of status of open issues
- Liaise and communicate with other Support Teams as required for swift and smooth solution to issues and incidents
- Log, monitor and follow up on all incoming support requests in the client’s support ticket system ServiceNow from initial logging to solution and closure
- 2+ Years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven success on the job
- Knowledge of VMware Virtualization or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, PC hardware, Windows10, Active Directory, basic scripting, etc.
- Fluent Japanese speaking, reading, writing.
- Business level English speaking, reading, writing