Client is leading insurance company in Japan and creating big data hub using latest Hadoop framework. Data from various sources will be ingested into Data hub, it will be cleaned, transformed and used for analysis..
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and develop insights in support of current and future strategic initiatives
- Communicate business users to understand requirements and translate into models.
- Use statistical models (SAS, python or pyspark, R, machine learning algorithms) to create predictive consumer behavior models
- Interest and passion for data analytics, insight extraction, programming, and modeling
- Critical thinking to debug programs, create strong variables, iterate modeling techniques, etc.
- Curiosity about what the data says and the analytics that extract insights
- Perform data manipulation, wrangling, cleansing, and analysis (in Python, R, or SAS)
- Knowledge of internal and external data sources
- Build, iterate, and validate predictive models using multiple statistical techniques
- Interpret, understand, and present results to clients
- Provide support and assistance for the implementation of predictive models
Data analysts should have:
- 2+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience with PYTHON and/or R/SAS (not including academic experience/Internships)
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming
- Fluent in Japanese and English will be required, at least Business level both in writing and speaking
- Knowledge of Hadoop will be added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics or machine learning is preferable.