Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Governance implementation
- Design, configure, operate, and maintain Data Governance and Data Quality tools (Collibra and IDQ) to align with the Data Governance framework requirements as set out in the company’s approved Policy and supporting Standards.
- Develop detailed process and guidelines that are essential to on-board Lines of Businesses to use the Data Governance and Data Quality tools effectively for managing their critical data.
- Setup monitoring process, tools and guidelines to enable consistent and effective monitoring of Lines of Businesses’ compliance with the requirements as set out in the Data Governance framework.
- Support in continuous enhancements of Data Governance framework, templates, documents, and other artifacts as required by management to create a framework that is practical, scalable, and of value-add to the company from critical data management perspective.
Data Governance effectiveness monitoring
- Develop Lines of Businesses’ capabilities in understanding the purpose and know-how to manage their critical data in accordance with the Data Governance framework, including utilization of the guidelines, tools, and templates prescribed by the Data Governance Team.
- Support in execution of Data Governance implementation activities in accordance with project plans and in collaboration with Lines of Businesses (including IT).
- Monitor and report on execution progress, and support Lines of Businesses’ Data Governance implementation in accordance with the Data Governance framework requirements.
- Where external resources are used, oversight and manage vendors to guide and track Data Governance implementation activities in accordance with project plans.
- Identify, evaluate, and promote opportunities for Data Governance compliance and enhancement.
- Timely report of status, progress, and matters that warrant escalation to the responsible oversight personnel / body within the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Three years of experience in the following:
- Any combination of the following: Data governance, database technology, application development, data modeling, data quality assessment, data profiling, master/reference data, and metadata management.
- Data ingestion, data integration, data migration and control.
- Developing process and data flows, and process implementation.
- Understanding of insurance business and process
- Good understanding of Japan Law and regulations regarding data protection, and record management, and information security
- knowledge on data analytics, databases, and big data platform (Hadoop)
- Experience in supporting projects involving regulatory/compliance reporting and adherence.
- Extensive business acumen with broad range of exposure to business and IT units.
- Experience in customer relationship management, communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese, business level of English.
- Strong knowledge on data governance tool (Collibra)
- Experience on data quality tool, e.g. Informatica Data Quality module (IDQ)
- Experienced with database development, maintenance, or other data related projects
- SQL / Java / ETL / API development experience
- MuleSoft experience
- knowledge on master / metadata management (MDM)
- Has a passion to drive a cultural change for data driven company
Nice to have:
- DAMA Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
- Informatica Data Quality 10: Administrator, Specialist Certification
- Informatica Data Quality 10: Developer, Specialist Certification