Client is leading insurance company in Japan and creating big data hub using latest Hadoop framework. Data from various sources will be ingested into Data hub, it will be cleaned, transformed and used for analysis. The requirement is to perform analysis of current multiple/ various systems, of legacy and new technologies.
They are looking for a hands-on person to analyze, design, code, test and prepare mainframe applications/services consumed by frontend applications in open platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Being Communicative, adaptive, independent, and obsessive about solving problems
• Analyze existing system to find the original source data based on business requirements
• Design, build, test, deploy, manage solutions/interfaces between mainframe and other platforms
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions
• Work with the Application Development team, Application Management Services team, Infrastructure team to implement data strategies and build data flows
• Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers, and others of downstream applications
• Discover metadata of the source database, including value patterns and distributions, key candidates, foreign-key candidates, and functional dependencies
Requirements and Qualifications:
Strong data/system analytics skills and interpret the data and programs on Mainframes
Must have business level Japanese (N2 or above) and business level English language skill
10+ year experience of developing and maintaining mainframe applications
Experience supporting interfaces between multiple application platforms (i.e. open and mainframe)
Ability to proactively seeking continuous improvement and challenging processes, and communicate them to management
Proficient understanding of Assembler, EasyTrieve, Cobol, VSAM, JCL
Basic understanding of Agile methodology, including Scrum
Basic understating of integration middleware such as ETL, etc.
Bi-lingual (Japanese N2 above) and Business level of English communication