We are seeking for a hands-on API Developer at Capgemini Japan, you will work for a global insurance company to implement an API Management solution for their system transformation.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the client’s computing architecture.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience in maintaining Java/Groovy/Spring web applications.
- Working experience in NoSQL databases like Mongo, Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Experience in Git and GitHub.
- Experience in configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.).
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Experience in software-automation production systems (Jenkins and Selenium).
- Strong understanding of API development and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Ruby or Python is nice to have.
- Bilingual (Japanese, English)