The Agile Coach will be responsible for leading and conducting training and coaching efforts for the business / IT team transformation to Agile driven organization. This individual will also be responsible for documenting and communicating best practices. The Agile Coach must be a strong leader and advocate for the adoption of agile concept / methodology. Provide thought leadership and expertise across their team to support teams and trains in meeting their commitments.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Lead and facilitate various training sessions for colleagues at key level of the organization, aimed at rolling out and sustaining department-wide adoption of agile. Training will include introductory, advanced, and role-specific training to further the organization’s agile practice.
- Mentor and coach teams and individuals in a transformation from waterfall to Agile by reinforcing principals learned through training and guide behavior towards adoption of agile principles
- Expert facilitator of Agile ceremonies and other critical meetings, including large program increment planning sessions.
- Document and maintain all training documents, best practices and role descriptions for various types of agile work teams; replicate best practices through training to dedicated teams
- 3+ years working with Agile methodologies (prior experience as an Agile coach is a plus) in a large organization
- 1-3 years experience working in project management tools such as Jira, Trello, CA Rally
- Experience as it relates to the organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills needed to achieve a true COE (center of excellence)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Life insurance domain experience and knowledge would be big plus
- Scrum Coach or Scrum Master certifications
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) strongly preferred
- Experience coaching at large organizations
- IT/programming experience, understanding of programming languages
- Agile coaching certificate such as ICP-ACC
- Admin experience in project management tools such as Jira, Trello, CA Rally
Proficient in Japanese will be required, at least Business level both in writing and speaking.
Proficient in English would be nice to have.