xPaaS Software Engineer
Full Time Permanent
Ever wondered what it’s like to work at a StartUp? Or what it’s like to work at a Product Company? Interested in experiencing the global nature of Capgemini first hand from your desk? Or having the option to occasionally travel to international regions. If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes!” then an opportunity within the Capgemini xPaaS team may be for you.
Our teams primary goal is to build and sell a portfolio of ready-made cloud based offerings to Capgemini clients around the globe. We rely heavily on our technical excellence and being ahead of the market but have allied this with a fantastic commercial, marketing, pre-sales, consultancy and operations team that all good Start-Ups require. Our objective is not solving a specific problem for one client, but creating polished solutions that work as an integrated whole for the benefit of lots of customers.
Due to ongoing success, we are recruiting for several roles at the moment. One of these is for hands-on, energetic and enthusiastic people to join our like-minded team of Software Engineers in Solutions Delivery.
The primary role will require the design, and delivery of solutions which include Applications and occasional Cloud Deployment Provisioning. A good understanding of operating in a DevOps environment is important, and a passion for running what you build, as we treat everything as code. You’ll work alongside, and learn from, team members from different specialisms and experiences.
Our portfolio of services enables Capgemini to accelerate the delivery of solutions to customers. The Portfolio of services currently include:
- iPaaS, e.g. API, Integrations and Microservices
- DevOps, e.g. CI/CD Pipelines, code lifecycle management and Operational Services
- Container PaaS, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Automated Provisioning of Runtime/Managed Architecture and default xPaaS Services
- Identity & Access Management, e.g. OAuth, JWT, SAML
Candidates may have to travel throughout the UK and international travel is also a possibility.
- Skills and knowledge in the areas listed in the current Portfolio of services
- Competent with Software Engineering Design Patterns and Software Engineering Practices
- Good track record with Open Source technologies, primarily Java based frameworks
- Good communicator, Ability to influence and coach others, Excellent team working skills, Good client facing skills, Problem solving and creativity skills, Honesty and Integrity, Eagerness to learn, Drive and energy, Professional appearance
- Excellent knowledge of the Agile approach & methodology & tooling e.g. Atlassian
- Knowledge of one or more Cloud Computing Providers: AWS, Google, Azure and OpenStack
- Knowledge of Configuration Management, Source/Version Control (Git),
- Passion to be a part of a cutting edge DevOps capability that treats infrastructure as code and challenges the status quo
- Experience of Cloud Infrastructure Tech/Principles: Networks, Security, Shell scripting, Linux.
- Knowledge of containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience of Auto-Provisioning Technologies: Nomad, Terraform, Packer, Consul and Vagrant.
Why we’re different
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.