An overview of the role
Ever wondered what it’s like to work at a start-up? Or what it’s like to work at a product company? Interested in experiencing the global nature of Capgemini first hand from your desk? Or having the opportunity to travel to places like the USA, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Ireland, France, India, China etc, like others on our team did pre-Covid?
If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes!” then an opportunity within the Capgemini Cloud Platform xPaaS team (CCP xPaaS) may be for you.
Our primary goal is to build and sell a portfolio of ready-2-go cloud native solutions to Capgemini clients around the globe. We rely heavily on our technical excellence and being ahead of the market but have allied this with a fantastic commercial, marketing, pre-sales, consultancy and operations team that all good start-ups require. Our goal is not solving a specific problem for one client, but creating polished solutions that work as an integrated whole for the benefit of lots of customers in the following technical fields:
• Containerisation/Serverless including functions, Kubernetes and DevSecOps tooling
• API Management, Microservices, Messaging & Event-Driven Architecture
• Cloud Native Solutions
• Identity & Access Management
• Application Lifecycle Management & DevSecOps
• Contact Centres
The primary role will be to understand the market, influence the roadmap and then design, deliver and maintain new and existing CCP xPaaS solutions with a strong focus on security, quality and DevSecOps practices.
New features planned in the near term include strengthening our Kubernetes and OpenShift offerings with additional add-ons around Runtime Security, HashiCorp Vault as a Service, Stateful Payload Replication, Managed Kafka and Service Mesh.
Short-term, occasional travel throughout the UK and internationally may be required. A blend of remote and office working is a possibility for this role.
Why this role?
Due to ongoing success, we are looking to recruit Platform Engineers and Software Engineers who are hands-on, energetic and enthusiastic to join our like-minded team of engineers.
Our solutions need to run in multiple cloud environments. To date we have delivered and run platforms on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and AWS China. Our CCP xPaaS solutions major on Cloud Native and Open Source but we also have a few key strategic partnerships with commercial software companies.
• Bright, curious, entrepreneurial person who takes initiative and is willing to learn
• Passion to be a part of a cutting edge team that challenges the status quo
• Good understanding of operating in a DevSecOps environment
• Technically strong and willing and able to learn at a fast pace
• A can-do attitude and team player, someone who will do what it takes to deliver a great service
• Good communicator, Ability to influence and coach others, Excellent team working skills, Good client facing skills, Problem solving and creativity skills, Honesty and Integrity, Eagerness to learn, Drive and energy
• Experience of Auto-Provisioning Technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Puppet/Ansible.
• Knowledge of one or more Cloud Computing Providers: AWS, Azure, Google
• Experience of Cloud Infrastructure Technologies: Networks, Security, Bash, Ruby and Linux.
• Knowledge of Software Engineering Design Patterns and Software Engineering Practices
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.