An overview of the role
The role of Workplace Engineer with Capgemini is to support the safe end to end transition of the End User Services from current suppliers into Capgemini.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding and varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of exposure in a timeframe.
Why this role
In this role you will be responsible for the development of a knowledge transfer plan for the services being transferred, covering – document/data requirements, approach to review/feedback and addressing any gaps identified, workshop approach, shadowing/reverse shadowing approach.
You will support the development and execution of the service transition plan, setting out how support for the current end user services will be transferred to Capgemini whilst incorporating the below primary duties:
• Identify and communicate risks associated with Capgemini taking on the end user services and communicating them with the programme and/r service delivery teams.
• Support development of training material or work instructions required by service delivery teams to support services
• Ensure service delivery team requirements for taking on support for the relevant end user services are clearly understood, documented and then delivered in time
• Ensure that all service acceptance testing requirements are defined, testing planned/supported and any test issues managed to closure/resolution
• Assessing the current services being delivered and undertake an assessment of the service delivery compliance to the Capgemini contract
Successful candidates will be highly organised, with previous experience in a similar role with proven technical domain knowledge in the delivery of the following end user services:
• O365 – Exchange Online – done (Transition), plus in flight Teams/SharePoint (in-flight)
• Device Management – Config Manager, SCCM, 1E Nomad
• SOE – Win 8.1 & 10
• EMM – Mobility Management, Blackberry Airwatch; Intune to replace
• AD/Policy – AD & GPO
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.