Any UK Base
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
You will join Capgemini’s dynamic, market leading UK Enterprise Performance Management Solutions practice within our Package Based Solutions business. You will take the role of an Adaptive Insights/Workday Planning consultant, responsible for working on customer projects, undertaking solution design and implementation activities for Adaptive Insights/Workday Planning solutions that are standalone, or an integral part of a Workday implementation. You will work within one of the largest Package Based Solutions practices in the UK, working alongside our enterprise performance management solutions consultants that specialise in SAP, Oracle, Anaplan and other major solution providers.
The focus of your role
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join an organisation with one of the largest Enterprise Performance Management Solutions practices in the UK. You will join a growing capability and will support the leadership team in delivering our rapid growth plans.
As well as working on customer projects, undertaking solution design and implementation activities, where required, you will also contribute to our Adaptive Insights/Workday Planning sales, go-to-market and capability development activities, all of which we are looking to expand.
On projects, you will work with our clients, providing the best advice and best solution design using Adaptive Insights/Workday Planning. This will include process and solution design, advising and influencing decisions of key business stakeholders.
What you’ll do
The key things you will do are as follows:
- Solution design and implementation activities for Adaptive Insights/Workday Planning projects that are standalone, or an integral part of a Workday implementation.
- Contributing to our sales, go-to-market and capability development activities for Adaptive Insights/Workday Planning solutions.
- Build and develop networks with Workday, leveraging our partner status.
What you’ll bring
You will need a demonstrable track record as an Adaptive Insights specialist, benefiting from experience in delivering across complete project lifecycles. Experience of working in large multi-stream projects containing challenging business process design and change management is desirable.
- Depth of technical and functional knowledge of Adaptive Insights deployments:
- experience of from a number of full lifecycle implementations
- certification in Adaptive Insights and, potentially, other cloud/on-premise enterprise/corporate performance management solutions
- Strong functional experience in planning solution design and development with in-depth business processes knowledge around enterprise/corporate performance management.
- Passion and enthusiasm; to play an active role in developing a growing capability within a global organisation.
- Strong consulting skills; presentation and client facing skills; the ability to sustain, develop and grow existing customer relationships, and build new ones.
- Understanding of end to end Finance processes would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with Workday Planning and other cloud/on-premise planning and reporting solutions would be advantageous but not essential.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.