An overview of the role
As a Workday Engagement Manager and Solution Architect you will have strong experience in the delivery of Workday projects and business development and be able to demonstrate successful completion and leadership of Workday projects. The focus will initially be on Workday HCM, however will quickly move into Workday financials and planning. Alongside leading a project delivery and sales pursuit you will be working with the senior team to help build the Workday practise. You will be expected to manage projects to Capgemini’s high standards for project delivery using our UPM methodology alongside the Workday method. Capgemini will train you in UPM, but you will bring with you a wealth of project management experience and know-how.
As part of the Workday Capability in the UK, your role requires you to act as a primary contact for executive managers and stakeholders at our Clients. You will have a small number of direct reports, most normally Senior Project Managers and Engagement Managers and you will take a key role in the Workday practise. You will co-ordinates the activities of the constituent projects, including planning, control and progress reporting, dependency management, issue resolution and exercise budgetary control for the project. You will help develop and build the team.
Why this role?
This is a unique opportunity to join and grow the Capgemini Workday capability as part of the Packages division working with a number of FTSE 100 companies.
Capgemini’s Workday practise is growing with more than 170 consultants globally. In the UK, we are continuing to build our practise and your role will be to build and develop that practise alongside the Workday Capability Lead. With several projects already in-flight and an increasing started and in the pipeline, your role will be to help deliver existing projects and to help secure new and exciting Workday engagements across all industry verticals.
You will be comfortable with managing complexity and are familiar in detail with the processes that are employed on Workday projects. While operating mostly at a high level, you must also be comfortable with the detail of projects and will be involved in discussing specifics of technology or process as part of a successful delivery of an integrated project. Knowledge of the change adoption and transformation required to fully make the most of the Workday functionality is key to the role and the successful delivery of the projects.
You will be an excellent communicator, executive level manager and outstanding leader. You can co-ordinate many complex tasks and manage complexity as a matter of course whilst overseeing several related project and programmes that contribute to one or more defined business goals.
• Deep experience of implementing Workday and an understanding of the challenges and complexities of the processes required;
• Lead successful delivery of complex Workday projects
• Strong background in Workday functional solutioning across the HCM module area
• Outstanding communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels;
• Proven leader in building Workday teams and practices and able to see the bigger picture whilst maintaining governance over the details in planning, reporting, issue and risk management and people management skills;
• Strong and proven Contract Management and Commercial acumen demonstrated through accurate budget control;
• Excellent and proven negotiation skills;
• Ability to inspire a shared vision across multi partner and client teams.
• Workday project management experience in the UK
• Current Workday certifications in Engagement Management and at least 2 other areas of Workday HCM.
• Experience of practise and business development in Workday
• Experience of working in an on-shore, near-shore, off-shore model
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.