The job on offer
We are currently looking for a Wintel / Virtualisation Engineer to join our highly experienced and very professional support team in the North West. Under direction from Team Lead, you will be required to complete day to day management and support of the server infrastructure.
• Management of the server environment / estates
• Pro-active monitoring, maintenance, and patching of the server estate
• Maintenance and production of technical documentation to facilitate knowledge share and skills development
• Actively support and facilitate the capability development of other members of the team
• Engineers may be required to work to out of hours and participate in the on-call rota.
Technical Exposure to the following is required:
• Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS)
• Server Operating System/s Windows Server 2008 onwards
• Active Directory
• Virtualisation technologies (VMware & Hyper V)
• Microsoft Exchange Server
• Network configuration and protocols
• Microsoft PowerShell and batch scripting
It would be desirable if you also had 1 or more of the following skills:
• Proven customer-facing skills
• ITIL certification or similar level of professional experience
• Previous experience working within an Enterprise-class infrastructure environment
• Working knowledge of Incident, Change, Problem Management systems
• Working knowledge of infrastructure technology
• Candidates should be working towards obtaining Microsoft Certification
Security Clearance is required and will be requested from any successful candidates.
Why Capgemini is unique
• We work with a range of clients all with a unique set of business, technological and societal ambitions. Working for Capgemini you get to be at the forefront of designing future experiences, which truly impact our clients and wider society for the better.
• Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a ‘People Manager’ Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an ‘Architect’ our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
• Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini’s unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform ‘Next’ and our ‘Learning for all’ mindset.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion