An overview of the role
We are currently looking for a Linux Server Engineer to join the Linux Server support team. Within this role you will be responsible for the day to day management and support of a large-scale enterprise servers.
• Change Implementation (L3) – The Engineer will implement critical and emergency changes as well as Standard changes based on the Activity list and perform changes to configuration items in accordance with the agreed change records.
• Incident Resolution (L3) – The Engineer will investigate, diagnose and restore the affected service as notified by tickets raised through incident handling of P1 ,P2 and escalated P3 /P4 in accordance with service levels.
• Problem Resolution (L3) – According to the problem management process, The Engineer will prevent (re)-occurrence of incidents by eliminating their root cause.
• OS Management (L3) – The Engineer will provide OS management including:
⦁ System health Check Management
⦁ System Kernel parameter Management
⦁ Filesystem Management
⦁ Logical Volume Management
⦁ Remote file system administration and support (NFS / Autofs / SambaFS)
⦁ OS Cluster support ( RHCS , VCS , Sun Cluster , IBM HACMP , HPUX MCSG)
⦁ OS Media (ISO) management
⦁ OS Log management
⦁ Printer configuration and Management (CUPS and LPD)
⦁ Iptables firewall Management
⦁ OS Service Management
• OS Scheduler Management (Cron) & OS Patch Management (L3)
• Directory and Naming Services (L3)
• Direct Attached Storage (DAS) Management (L3)
• Virtual Machine Configuration Support (L3)
• LVM Administration (L3)
• Remote file system Administration (L3)
• Server Technicians are required to work to a shift pattern that spans 08:00 – 18:00. This is also a requirement for on-call support and out of hours work.
• SC Clearance Eligible or NPPV2.
• Support for all the variants & versions of Virtual Linux OS instance and Physical Linux OS instance e.g. Redhat, Suse, Oracle Enterprise Linux, etc. and the associated server hardware support with the help of OEM or third party vendors
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.