The job on offer
We are currently looking for a Wintel / Virtualisation Engineer to join our highly experienced and very professional support team in the Highlands. Under direction from Team Lead, you will be required to complete day to day management and support of the server infrastructure.
· Management of the server environment / estates
· Pro-active monitoring, maintenance, and patching of the server estate
· Maintenance and production of technical documentation to facilitate knowledge share and skills development
· Actively support and facilitate the capability development of other members of the team
· Engineers may be required to work to out of hours and participate in the on-call rota.
Technical Exposure to the following is required:
· Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS)
· Server Operating System/s Windows Server 2008 onwards
· Active Directory
· Virtualisation technologies (VMware & Hyper V)
· Microsoft Exchange Server
· Network configuration and protocols
· Microsoft PowerShell and batch scripting
It would be desirable if you also had 1 or more of the following skills:
· Proven customer-facing skills
· ITIL certification or similar level of professional experience
· Previous experience working within an Enterprise-class infrastructure environment
· Working knowledge of Incident, Change, Problem Management systems
· Working knowledge of infrastructure technology
· Candidates should be working towards obtaining Microsoft Certification Security Clearance is required and will be requested from any successful candidates.
Why Capgemini is unique
· We realise a Total Reward package should be move than just compensation. At Capgemini we offer range of core and flexible benefits and have a Peer Recognition Portal called Applaud.
· At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
· We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com