Who you’ll be working with
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
Capgemini Invent is a thought-leader in the Consumer Products and Retail Industry with a strong track record of delivery. We have a leading position in developing innovative value propositions for clients from strategy inception to assisting in execution and benefits delivery.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor Page
An overview of the role:
We are looking for an individual with a strong consulting track record in the delivery of supply chain transformation in the Consumer Products sector. They will have experience in the issues faced by CPG manufacturers, the key supply chain challenges in this sector including globalisation, product and process digitisation and supply chain network optimisation. S/he will have the deep experience of the transformation programme lifecycle from strategy through to implementation. They will be able to demonstrate an active and well-informed knowledge of the CPG sector and have an opinion on key trends having worked in a major consultancy or strategy organisation
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with out customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
- Business development – using a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network to generate revenue.
- Engaging with Clients – developing relationships with senior members of the Tier 1 CPG organisations.
- Developing propositions in supply chain strategy, consulting and technology and ensuring these are relevant and timely.
- Acting as an authority and thought leader in supply chain transformation in Consumer Products.
- Contributing to the plan for effective development and growth of Capgemini’s Consumer Products capabilities.
- Engaging at Board Level with clients and potential clients.
- Ensuring effective delivery and timely completion of projects in alignment with commercial goals.
- Working collaboratively with consultants in Consumer Products and Supply Chain teams in order to ensure success.
- Contributing to the leadership of the the Consumer Products Supply Chain team and recruiting consultants
- Leading members of the team in delivery to ensure their effective development.
- You’ll have a robust knowledge of CPG supply chain key issues and challenges from Strategy, Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sustainability.
- Experience of working at a senior level to structure programmes within a major consultancy or strategy organisation.
- Experience in mentoring high performing teams.
- A history of rapid career progression with previous employer(s).
- A demonstrable network, in Tier 1 and key Tier 2 CPG firms.
- A combination of Consumer Products, Supply Chain, ideally with ERP and more general consulting experience, gained from time spent within these areas.
- A track record of selling and delivering major supply chain programmes, defined either through their monetary value or the major impact it has had on the client.
- A history of leading teams and delivering innovative but realistic solutions to client problems.
- Strong track record of regularly exceeding Professional Services related sales targets.
- Experience of managing multiple projects to achieve commercial goals.
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a demanding yet collaborative environment.
- Able to develop and build senior/board level client relationships.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Credible, holding the gravitas to engage with C-level individuals.
- A self-starter, able to make their own impact and thrive in the independence offered to them.
- Capable of communicating effectively with CXOs on a peer to peer basis.
- Ability to manage a team, provide direction and help individuals develop.
- Ability to develop tailored proposals and value propositions for clients.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/