Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 4,000 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Capgemini: A global Financial Services powerhouse
Through its longstanding client relationships and its strong convictions about intelligent business practices, Capgemini Consulting has developed an expertise that is renowned in the financial services industry. We work with local and international “champions” of the financial services industry, accompanying them in the conception and realization of their transformational strategies. We offer our clients our know-how, competencies, and deep comprehension of markets to help them carry out efficient transformations.
We work with some of the largest banks in the world on a variety of transformation engagements, and are engage with the banking C-Suite in shaping and delivering new operating models. Capgemini Consulting is growing and is seeking to hire a Vice President for the Banking team, who will develop our FS relationships and be responsible for leading key transformation programmes for clients.
The focus of your role
As a Vice President you will be responsible for new business / sell-on consulting opportunities in excess of £3m per annum. You will play a leadership role in our wider business, helping set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Working as part of the Capgemini Consulting leadership team within our business, ensuring the coherence of all of our offerings.
- Capitalising on relationships already developed with large retail banks. Identifying and building a strong network of contacts at the Client responsible for consulting/advisory programmes, and extending our relationships with the Banks, ensuring they become key clients of Capgemini Consulting.
- Leading/coordinating Capgemini Consulting sales efforts into retail banking clients.
- Taking the role of Programme Leader, overseeing the delivery of Capgemini Consulting engagements with major client(s).
What you’ll bring
You are likely to be a leader within a recognised consultancy, with experience of leading relationships with a large banking client and managing significant programmes. In addition, you may also have been a senior member of an Operational function within a Bank. Intellectually capable of developing and holding peer level relationships at all levels of the client’s company.
Specifically you’ll bring:
- Good existing relationships with Senior Executives of major banks operating in the UK.
- Experience of some of the following: Digital, Customer & Channel Innovation/Customer Proposition, Regulatory Risk & Compliance, Operational Excellence, Analytics and Business Change.
- Experience of developing relationships with senior level client contacts.
- Experience of programme/project management
- Ideally, experience in Agile design, as well as working in a DevOps environment.
- A proven track record in new business development / account management in major banks across the full sales lifecycle; you will have a personal sales target of circa £3m per annum of consulting business.
You’ll also bring:
- Strong management consulting experience with proven success in Retail and/or Commercial Banking.
- Experience and evidence of thought leadership and a market recognised reputation in the market.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
- Credibility and personal impact – being driven, dynamic, tenacious and possessing the will to win and deliver results.
- Versatility and collaborative in style, empathetic in nature, confident in content and focussed on outcomes at all levels in the client organisation.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.