Who you’ll be working with
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
Capgemini Invent has a strong global presence across the Financial Services sector, working with major retail and private banks, insurers, fund managers to help them respond to growing and complex challenges.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor Page
An overview of the role:
We are seeking to recruit a Vice President to support the growth of the General Insurance subsector and ideally with knowledge of the Life & Pensions sector. You’ll become part of a team that develops next generation solutions to transform traditional Insurance companies into efficient, digitally-enabled, customer-centric organisations.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with out customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
As a Vice President, you will take a leadership role in the Capgemini Invent Financial Services business. You will be responsible for leading the growth of our Insurance sector. You’ll develop our Insurance relationships and also oversee key transformation programmes for clients. You’ll represent Capgemini Invent and develop relationships with wider FS teams, both within the UK and globally.
You’ll help set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Developing and executing an effective go-to-market strategy for our Insurance business that will position it for very significant growth.
- Working with the Head of Financial Services for Capgemini Invent to ensure the coherence of all our offerings.
- Capitalising on relationships already developed with Insurance clients as well as developing new ones. Identifying and building a strong network of contacts at clients, those responsible for consulting/advisory programmes, and extending our relationships with Insurance companies, ensuring they become key clients of Capgemini Invent.
- Leading/coordinating Capgemini Invent sales efforts into Insurance clients, with a personal business development target of c. £4m per annum.
- Strong management consulting experience with proven sales and delivery success in General Insurance and/or Life & Pensions. Currently working in a major Consulting firm, and/or in industry but having a Consulting background.
- Extensive knowledge of the General Insurance and ideally of the Life & Pensions market as well.
- A clear and proven area of specialism – e.g. deep claims or operations for General Insurance or deep policy administration
- Experience in digital transformation of the Insurance value chain (RPA, Digital Policy Administration, Digital Claims Management, Blockchain) to assist clients in leveraging digital technologies to reduce cost would be ideal.
- A proven track record in consulting new business development/account management in large insurance companies across the full sales lifecycle.
- Experience of proposition building and delivery.
- Good existing relationships with senior executives of major UK insurers.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering insurance consulting solutions.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at:https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/