Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
The Consumer Products Industry is massively disrupted. New entrants, the explosion of media touchpoints, changing consumer expectations, digital innovation and access to data has changed the playing field for consumer products companies.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page.
An overview of the role:
As a global leader in strategy and transformation, Capgemini Invent provide industry-specific services and guidance to the world’s leading consumer products companies. Over the last 5 years, Capgemini Invent have achieved continued growth and are now seeking to recruit a Vice President to support the continued expansion in the sector.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Why this role?
Working with the Consumer Products, Retail and Distribution Sector Head you’ll become part of a team that develops next generation solutions to transform CP Companies.
As a Vice President, you will take a leadership role in the Capgemini Invent Consumer Products business. You will be responsible for leading the growth of our Consumer Products sector. You’ll develop our client relationships and also oversee key transformation programmes for clients. You’ll represent Capgemini Invent and develop relationships with wider Consumer Products and Retail teams and our service lines both within the UK and globally.
You’ll help set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Developing and executing an effective go-to-market strategy for our Consumer Products business that will position it for significant growth
- Working with the Head of Consumer Products and Retail for Capgemini Invent to ensure the coherence of all our offerings.
- Capitalising on relationships already developed with Consumer Products clients as well as developing new ones. Identifying and building a strong network of contacts at clients, those responsible for consulting/advisory programmes, and extending our relationships, ensuring they become key clients of Capgemini Invent.
- Leading/coordinating Capgemini Invent sales efforts into Consumer Products clients, with a personal business development target of c. £4m per annum.
- Lead a specific Consumer Products Account(s)
Externally in the market, you’ll bring the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain board / senior management relationships. To understand and scope out their challenges and potential solutions and to both sell & deliver top-tier consulting and technology enabled business transformation work.
You would ideally have the following experience and personal attributes:
- A proven track record in consulting new business development/account management in tier 1 Consumer Products companies across the full sales lifecycle.
- Strong management consulting experience with proven sales and delivery success in Consumer Products Organisations
- Currently working in a major Consulting firm, and/or in industry but having a Consulting background.
- Extensive knowledge of the Consumer Products market
- Excellent existing relationships with senior executives of tier 1 consumer products companies.
- Experience in digital transformation
- A clear and proven area of specialism – e.g. marketing, commercial, operations, insights
- Experience of proposition building and delivery.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/