Role: Big Data Engineer
Location: Horsham, PA (Remote till COVID stabilizes)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
Relocation: Candidate can relocate
Looking for a Big Data Engineer who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the AWS Data Lake for Team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides intermediate level system analysis design development and implementation of applications and databases Integration with third party products
- Translates technical specifications and or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects is well structured backed by automated tests includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain Writes programs appropriate test artifacts ad hoc queries and reports Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation
- Elevates code into the development test and Production environments on schedule Provides follow up Production support Submits change control requests and documents
- Follows software development methodology Follows architecture standards
- Participates in design code and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues Participates in other meetings such as those for use case creation
- Understands client business functions and technology needs Understands Vanguard s tools technologies and applications databases including those that interface with business area and systems
- Complies with IT policies and procedures especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones Complies with all Information Security policies and procedures and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Work closely with business units to deliver a highly available scalable platform 10 Collaborate strongly across Vanguard and with industry groups on data availability and or requirements
- Bachlor's degree in computer science or analytically oriented subject
- Minimum 3 years of developer or software engineering experience
- Expertise in Python Spark AWS SQL Hive Presto or other data analysis data mining and programming tools is essential
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau Power BI or equivalent preferred
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills required Special Factors Weekday coverage Regularly scheduled 5 day week Mon-Fri normal business hours On call and remote support off hours
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we Offer
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.