An overview of the role
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced user researcher to join the growing Digital Experience team within Capgemini.
User research is a crucial and growing component in fulfilling our vision to bring genuine value to our enterprise and government clients through easy-to-use, beautifully designed software and services that meet both business and user needs.
Why this role?
As a user research practitioner, you will work with other members of the team to make a positive impact on the quality of our offer by demonstrating – through application and experience – ‘what good looks like’ for user research.
Day-to-day you will also be responsible for planning, designing and carrying out research activities to support our service and product delivery activities.
Analysis and synthesis
- You will understand how to apply basic techniques for analysis of research data and findings.
- You will know how to involve colleagues in the analysis and synthesis of findings and can present insights that colleagues can understand and use.
- You understand and have experience in user research methods. You know when to use those methods and how to apply them correctly.
- You understand what problem the team is trying to solve and can align user research activities that inform decision making and action.
- User-centred and agile practices
- You have experience with a range of user-centred practices. Can work with colleagues to plan and deliver user research as part of a multidisciplinary team.
As an experienced member of the team, you will make a positive impact on the quality of our offer by delivering the research activity on critical projects. You will also help mentor and support other members of the team and contribute to the development of our strategy.
Contribute to the usability testing process from the development of user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
Knowledge and experience of qualitative research methods including user requirements gathering, concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring user needs are fully understood.
- Turning observations into insights that will help define user journeys and inform design
- Working with other user researchers to facilitate a consistent research approach
- The design, execution and analysis of quantitative surveys
- Working closely with designers, business analysts and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of linking user needs with business goals
- Ability to draw insights from research and present it compellingly
- Experience of working in agile teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Knowledge of best practice and experience in research for users with accessibility and assisted digital needs
- Experience working within the UK Government Digital Service Standard (GDS)
- Experience in user experience design and design principles
- Active participant in user research communities (i.e. forums, conferences etc.)
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology or related field
Professional development. Accelerated career progression and an environment that encourages the entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And, although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals – you will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.